USA Deaf Bowling Athlete Criteria
Bowlers selected to the USA Deaf Bowling National Team must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Be a Citizen of the United States of America.
2. Have a hearing loss of at least 55 db in the better ear. (3 tone frequency average at 500, 1000 & 2000 Hertz, ISO Standard).
• For Audiogram requirements: http://www.deaflympics.com/form /audiogram.pdf.
3. Be a member in good standing with USADSF.
4. Agree to, sign and abide by the USADSF honor code.
5. Submit himself/herself without any reservations to all Doping Control and procedures of the USADSF, International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (ICSD), and the World Antidoping Agency (WADA).
6. Complete the USA Team application packet, which includes providing proof of a United States Passport.
• NOTE: The passport must be valid for at least 6 months before and after the specific event which you are selected.
7. Be a current member of the United States Bowling Congress (USBC).
8. Specific Gender Criteria:
• Men- have a book average of 190 or better in two (2) of the last 3 years as evidenced by the USBC.
• Women- have a book average of 170 or better in two (2) of the last 3 years as evidenced by the USBC.
9. Current member of a bowling league with timely progress reports/statistics.
10. The USA Deaf Bowling NSO Representative reserves the right to appoint USA Deaf Bowlers to the USA Deaf Bowling National Team in special circumstances.