USA Deaf Bowling Head Coach Selection Criteria
Mandatory Eligibility Requirements for USA Deaf Bowling Head Coach:
1. Complete the USA Team application packet, which includes providing proof of having, or being in the process of obtaining, a United States Passport.
• NOTE: The passport must be valid for at least 6 months before and after the specific event which you are selected.
2. Be a current member of the United States Bowling Congress (USBC).
3. Have valid national coaching certifications in Bowling.
4. Have valid basic first-aid, CPR, and SafeSport training certifications.
5. Be a current member of USADSF and USA Deaf Bowling.
6. Submit the USADSF USA Team application packet and a non-refundable USA Team processing fee of $100 within 30 days of selection.
7. Pass a criminal background check (http://www.ncsisafe.com) prior to appointment to the USA Deaf Bowling Head Coach position.
Procedures for Applying for the position of USA Deaf Bowling Head Coach
1. All applicants for the head coach positions shall submit a letter of interest, resume, and one (1) letter of reference to the USA Deaf Bowling Team Director. The committee may ask for additional letters of reference if necessary.
2. The announcement of the USA Deaf Bowling Head Coach shall be made by the USA Deaf Bowling NSO Representative based on recommendations from the Selection Committee.
3. The Head Coach then shall select his/her assistant coaches, subject to approval by the USA Deaf Bowling Selection Committee. This approval is contingent upon submission of materials as outlined in the next paragraph.
• All applicants for Assistant Coach Positions shall submit a letter of interest, resume, one letter of reference, and a letter of recommendation from the Head Coach.
Applications for the Head positions shall be reviewed by the Selection Committee based on the following qualifications:
1. Years of experience in the field of coaching her/his respective sport on both international and domestic levels.
2. Credentials in the area of coaching, training, teaching and sports medicine.
3. Years of experience of bowling on local, regional, national and international levels.
4. Years of experience in associating with deaf and hard of hearing athletes in bowling.
5. Willingness to communicate with deaf and hard of hearing bowlers.
Three (3) members of the Selection Committee, appointed by the USA Deaf Bowling NSO Representative, shall consist of the following:
1. Former Collegiate Team Head Coach with years of coaching experience on both domestic and/or international levels; or a former USA Deaflympics Bowling Team member with years of experience playing bowling on both international and domestic levels.
2. NSO Representative, USA Deaf Bowling under USA Deaf Sports Federation.
3. A representative appointed by the USA Deaf Sports Federation Board of Directors.
1. The Selection Committee shall recommend to the USA Deaf Bowling NSO Representative the name of the nominated Head Coach.
2. After approving the nominated Coach, the USA Deaf Bowling NSO. Representative then shall recommend the nominated Head Coach to the USA Deaf Sports Federation Board for final approval.
3. The Head Coach will in turn choose their own assistant coaches, according to the approved coach selection criteria and submit their names to the USA Deaf Bowling Selection Committee. After approving the selected assistant coaches, the USA Bowling chair will announce the final selections of the USA Deaf Bowling Head Coach and Assistant Coaches.